By Andrew Bezio
• Plain and simple. Lose. Lose as many games as you can. Just keep losing baby!! Everyone was saying, “No matter who the QB is, Belichick will keep us winning.” Your 3-5 record determined that was a lie. My inner Maury Povich. But really, there is no reason to try and win games. I’ll say it again, lose, lose, lose!! Get the highest possible draft pick you can and try to rebuild your team.
2.) Let Jarrett Stidham Start.
• 66% comp 1,143 yds 2 TDS 7 INTs….If that was your teams QB stats combine with a 3-5 record, would you want him starting? Me, nope! That is god awful!! But that my friends is the status of my New England Patriots starting quarterback Cam Newton. If you have a fourth round quarterback sitting behind him and you have already acknowledged that 2020 is a bridge season, why not see what you have in him? You already know what you have in Cam, and it is not good.
3.) Draft a QB and trade for or sign a Veteran “Bridge” QB
• In a perfect world this would happen. The Patriots would trade for or sign a veteran QB and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Fields (Ohio St.), Lance (North Dakota St.), and Wilson (BYU) are all 1st Round talents that the Pats should consider. Some trade/sign candidates I believe could/should be Stafford (Lions), Garoppolo (49ers), Darnold (Jets). I know, ew, the Jets. But just look what Tannehill did once he left the QB killing HC Adam Gase. Those three would be perfect “bridge” QBs to play in front of a early-round selected QB for 1-3 years, a la Aaron Rodgers.
4.) Trade CB Stephon Gilmore
• A huuuuge issue for the 2020 NE Patriots is their cap room. It’s practically non-existent, as Belichick has stated himself. Gilmore has been rumored in trade talk recently, and he has even placed his house on the market. We all remember what happened when a certain G.O.A.T. put his house on the market…….he took his talents to Clearwater Beach. Yes, I know Gilmore is a former DPOY, he also has a $17 million cap hit for 2021. If the Patriots were to trade him, the team acquiring him would take on approximately $6.9 million. If they can’t find a trade partner, and decide to cut him it would be a dead cap hit of $7.67 million. Trade him Bill.
5.) Let Someone Else Make Draft Decisions
• Last 7 years of 1st Round Picks under Ole Billy Boy:
2020: Traded down for the 37th and 71st (traded for 60th) picks. Selected S Kyle Dugger (16 tackles) and LB Josh Uche (1 tackle) with those picks
2019: WR N’Keal Harry 🤢
2018: OL Isaiah Wynn
RB Sony Michel
2017: No 1st or 2nd Round Picks
2016: DeflateGate Forfeited the pick
2015: DL Malcolm Brown
2014: DL Dominique Easley 🤬
It’s been since 2012 that Ole Billy Boy has drafted a player in the 1st Round that had any impact. Bill Belichick the coach, greatest ever. Bill Belichick the GM, needs to put his ego aside and let someone else make these decisions.